High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

1 2 3 … 11       

pandanus7@
bigpond.co

1444 days ago

365......here we go again!

Is anyone else a failure in the 365 day photo project?  I am going to make a concerted effort this year.  I may even write myself a weekly or monthly theme to help get the imagination working.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

memoriesin
themaking

1443 days ago

I have never done a 365 project, So here's to trying one this year! let's see how far I get.....

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Photogrl13

1443 days ago

Awesome! I have been planning on starting one for the first time this year too. :-)

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Amanduh
1443 days ago

I too will be making an attempt at it! I'm thinking of coming up with themes as well.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1443 days ago

I'm almost done with mine, and I need a break, but it's great to see people starting. You all should join and use the Photojojo 365 Flickr group:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/pjj365/

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Degilbo
1443 days ago

With only fourteen more days to go on my 2010 photo a day project, I thought I may make a suggestion or two for the benefit of any 2011 "entrants" :-).

I would suggest staying away from "themes" altogether. Why? Well, some-days it is hard enough to find ANY subject to capture. So, if you are working on a theme as well, you have doubled the hardness of the task (I think Marleymax will agree with that :-)).

Making a list, too, could hamper your efforts, as that too, falls into the category of a theme. Just go with the flow! I have not made a list for this year's project. Mentally, yes, I have tucked thoughts away in my mind of what I could capture on a particular day. Then along comes, say, a fantastic sunrise/sunset or a new flower blooming, and the previously thought of subject is either forgotten or tucked away for another day. Some of those "tucked away" subjects have been there all year and I haven't needed to call on them - yet :-).

You will find family matters, sickness, computer crashes, etc., can become distractions. But those distractions have the potential to be the subject of the day. Tufteach has admirably made some of her adversities this year become memorable photos of those particular days. Superdewa, too, has soldiered on through the problems she had to handle this year. So, do not expect your year to be a simple one - just go with the flow - and most importantly don't let it bug you :-)! Have fun!

“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. – It’s already tomorrow in Australia” :-) Charles Schulz

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1443 days ago

Degilbo, I think those are good suggestions. I think it doesn't hurt to have some ideas stashed away for the desperate days, and I think it helps to join a group where you and others can support each other.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

vflo91
1443 days ago

@Degilbo,I was just going to ask "how do we do this project".So thanks for answering that one for me. I am still in my toddler stages of photography.....well let me rephrase that....I am in my newborn stages. Soooo I want to take part in this project. My hubby just got me a new cam,so I am trying to "get to know" it. Which is why I am going to try really hard to do this project. I'm sooo excited! As there are going to be TONS of changes in this new year coming!My daughter graduates high school in a couple of days (early grad) & will walk with her class of 2011 in May,my other daughter graduates from college in may also,we are also moving to a new state too!!!! Soooo many things to work with.Wish me luck.Do we just post everyday? Or how else/what else do we do to share?

Get ready,Get set,SHOOT!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Marleymax
1443 days ago

Deg I DEFINITELY agree! In fact do yourselves an even bigger favor - - stay away from multiple 365 photo projects. I discarded my "Monthly Colors" theme altogether. My "Brand A Day" theme is still going but as you can tell I've got some major photo processing ahead of me. One of these nights soon I'll be sitting down with a glass of Merlot (or 2) and finish them up. Next time (if there is one) no way will I choose a theme! Not even a loose one!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Degilbo
1443 days ago

You certainly will have many opportunities, vflo91, with all that family activity in the new year. Then you have the advantage of a new state which means new scenery, new faces and places. Bear in mind though, your "photo-a-day" doesn't have to be the most perfect shot every day. If you browse through the PJJ365 Group on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/pjj365/, you will see just how much (clever) ingenuity we participants have put into creating our "photo-a-day" postings :-). Many are enjoyable; others are sad; some are thought provoking and many make me think "why didn't I think of that!" :-). There are some there that have won prizes and there are others there that would have no hope of doing that (many of mine are in that category - LOL!). So, by all means, practice, practice, practice taking photos and then post what you think deserves to be your photo of the day. You'll soon get "bitten" by the bug, just as many of us have, and you will have fun, that's for sure!

“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. – It’s already tomorrow in Australia” :-) Charles Schulz

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

vflo91
1443 days ago

@ Degilbo,Wow! I just went to visit the site...I have to admit that I am excited about this! So when does this start? Now? Or when the new year begins? Now I really can't wait for my bokeh kit to arrive,LOL! I've seen lots of your work & I would be the first to say (ok probably not THE FIRST) that you have amazing photo's! Now my photo's may  end up as the "no hope" of winning,but that's ok. As long as they have won my heart,then I am happy smile . Thanks for all of the info! I can't wait to get started.

Get ready,Get set,SHOOT!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Karol A
1443 days ago

I stuck with the 365 this year until about mid-July. And even though I crapped out this time, I learned a lot, tried some different things and may try the whole thing again.

There are really no rules in the PJJ365 group - so start whenever feels right for you. The group is super supportive and a lovely group of people and no one is checking your work smile

The most important thing - have fun with it!

My Flickr Page | My Shuttercal Page

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

vflo91
1443 days ago

Yay! I feel like the little hamster on "bolt" lol. Thanks Karol. big_smile

Get ready,Get set,SHOOT!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1443 days ago

vflo, I started on the winter solstice (12/21) last year. I thought I'd just do it for the winter, because that used to be the hardest time for me to take photos. You can start any time. It's nice to maybe pick a day like your birthday or the new year, but there's no obligation. Start tomorrow!

So who of those who did it this past year are going to do it again? (my hand is is down)

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

oneandonly
taryn

1443 days ago

i attempted the 365 project, and i must say to all the beginners, DO NOT go into this thinking its an easy project. sure taking photo's is what we all do on here, we love it, but forcing yourself to do this task EVERYDAY can get very daunting. i struggled through this year. Another piece of advice too, try to take those random shots that aren't a million dollars, like just when you wake up snap a picture, that way you can at least be sure you've got SOMETHING for that day. I'm not trying to detour people from attempting this project, just keep in mind, you gotta stay on top of yourself to complete the project.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Degilbo
1443 days ago

Super, I have been pondering, too, whether I would start again in the New Year. The New Year is going to bring a (big) change for me as it will be the year I give up work after nearly 53 years. Officially, I wont be retired as I have a considerable amount of long service leave accumulated which may even take me through until 2012 In other words I will still be on the payroll but I don't have to roll out of bed at 3:30 AM - hooray! - LOL! The day is mine, except of course for the list of jobs my wife has promised I will have :-). So, perhaps, this will allow more time to create a photo-a-day. And to make sure I don't miss any sunrises, I guess I will be still rising at an unacceptable hour (for normal human beings) :-).

All this discussion today, and the new people indicating interest, has kind of got me inclined to give it another go. We'll see :-)!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

kdrake1007
1443 days ago

Like Karol, I did pretty well until the end of August.  I'm contemplating a more loosely organized 365, like maybe "my favorite 7 this week" or something like that.  When I found myself in the groove, I'd get several shots in a day and then had to pick one.  Then on the days when there was NO inspiration, much less motivation - well let's just say that it starts to snowball - there I'd be, photo-less for the day.  I definitely learned a ton, both by experimentation and from others on the PJJ365 group, so I highly recommend giving it a try.  It really forced me to try new things now, rather than thinking "Oh, I'd love to try that someday".  And I pushed myself to take photos of things I didn't normally photograph.  I'd like to move even further in that direction next year and move beyond my neighborhood more often.  So I'm in, at the moment.

Project 365 }-{ Pbase

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1443 days ago

As some of you know, this has been a very hard year for me. I managed to be pretty reliable with my 365 until the last couple of weeks. Computer woes, illness, and some depression set me back. I intend to finish--even if I must double up to fill some of the empty spaces. Do it again? Don't know yet. Maybe a version of it. I like kdrakes idea of the best 7 of the week. We'll see. Perhaps when I look at this year's 365 as a whole I may be inspired.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

luvlethalw
hites

1443 days ago

Okay, here goes... Hi, everyone. I am surfing and networking in order to learn more about photography / videography. I have posted a few pix on Flickr and my first attempt at tilt shift manipulation in PhotoShop. Rough work, but so completely enjoying it. I know very little about this, but have always been passionate about photography, so it's time I learn more from those who know. I do not have expensive equipment - making due until my tax return. Then I'm having a Linux system built, and will upgrade (hopefully) on camera. 

I'm reading this blog, and this 365 project sounds fascinating. If I am understanding correctly, it's a picture each day. Sounds like some people have a theme, while others do not. I am going to give this a good ol' college try (I do have an illustration degree from Purdue). Anyway, rambling on....  Any feedback, guidance, etc. is very welcome. (fyi..lethal white... google "lethal white aussie" and you will understand. I am blessed with one).

Some pictures appear in the next post.

Luv Lethal White Aussies

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1442 days ago

Hi luvlethalwhites, here's how to post from flickr.

1. Go to "share this,"
2. click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode,"
3. click on BBCode
4. copy and paste the code here

You can do this in your first post instead of adding a new ones. Click on "edit" in the bottom right corner of your post. I will delete the extra ones with nothing in them.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

1 2 3 … 11       

Home

Page generated in 1417231789.3087 seconds