High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

Asianboy
591 days ago

Middle school photo shoot

Hi, my school wants me to do a photo shoot at a party. What kind of background can I use? I only have a green screen, two soft boxes a ring flash (from photojojo) and two clam lights. One of the light bulbs for the soft boxes is busted.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
591 days ago

Sounds like you have something in mind.

If I were doing a shoot like this I would not use a background, I would find an area with interesting lighting in the background (or set up my own christmas tree lights), use a small aperture, and go with a twinkly bokeh look.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

gs_790
590 days ago

You might want to double check that the school has parental consent figured out.
Picasa
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Asianboy
590 days ago

Thanks superdewa, I thought about that idea before but I don't think people will find it that interesting.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
586 days ago

What is the point of this? Is it supposed to be like a fun photobooth for the kids to do during the party or is it more about the results -- parents wanting good photos of their kids all dressed up? Do you have a style that they know about and want you to reproduce?

From my perspective as the parent of a middle-schooler, we already have school photos that are made to look like they were taken in a studio. Most schools that I know of do school photos. (Truthfully we never buy them because I take my own.) So unless you are doing something different with these -- what is going to make these different from those photos?

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

kdrake1007
586 days ago

A couple of different set ups from the high school that my daughters went to.  At their "anti-prom" party, they did a background on that big roll paper with a graffiti design, left the camera on the tripod and shot groups.

http://forum.photojojo.com/img/posted/img50ff70427f0ac.jpg?url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8217/8404424842_5eb25096d5.jpg
PC050033e by kdrake1007, on Flickr

Another option, at After Prom last year they hired a photographer to do group shots on a white background, immediately viewable on their computer.  You could do this on a black background with props, like hats, boas, fake 'staches, etc.

Project 365 }-{ Pbase

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
585 days ago

Fun!

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Asianboy
585 days ago

The results are supposed to look like a fun-type party scene, like the "Anti-Prom" Pic above.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
585 days ago

Ah, so you are looking for a photobooth-like feel. I like the background kdrake shared. My experience is that middle schoolers aren't too picky. If you have a simple background, they will feel like they're in a "real" photoshoot. If you have a fun background, it will be fun. I'd just suggest a box full of props -- glasses, fake mustaches, maybe some small blackboards (speechbubble ones are extra fun) with chalk. Hats are risky because of lice.

You can buy them or get ideas here: https://www.google.com/search?q=photo+b … mp;bih=929

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Asianboy
585 days ago

Omg thank you so much

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

kdrake1007
584 days ago

Love those props!  Especially the Dr. Seuss inspired ones! 

If you're going to do the props, I'd probably stick with a simple background.  Maybe even look for an inexpensive, wide roll of striped or polka dotted wrapping paper like this http://www.partycity.com/product/jumbo+ … ping+paper

Project 365 }-{ Pbase

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1409556576.4636 seconds