High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

1 2 3 4 5 6 … 48       

Red
1989 days ago

Hey, I'm 42 and I remember when CD's were new.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1989 days ago

Me too, Red. I'm 40, and I owned my fair share of vinyl in elementary and high school, even college, although I think that when I bought new, I usually bought tapes -- I bought most of my vinyl used. Even for a while after CDs were around, we still used vinyl and tapes. It was too expensive to replace everything with CDs. It's much easier to replace CDs with MP3s. I have a few friends my age who still have and use their vinyl collections. The big problem, mainly, is finding an inexpensive working record player.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Karol A
1989 days ago

I see your vinyl and raise you one! I actually OWNED one (and only one) 8-track tape. Don't have it any more. Never was a fan of tapes (8-track or cassette). LIked vinyl, but finally switched to CDs when the record stores stopped selling vinyl taking away my choice. I've only recently caught the iPod bug.

Takes me a while to join up with the latest technical trends. Cranky curmudgeon at age 45. That would be me.

My Flickr Page | My Shuttercal Page

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

1989 days ago

I just got a Father's Day flyer from Radio Shack that advertised a turntable for $100 that lets you convert 33-1/3, 45 AND 78s (any of you 40-somethings remember those?) to CDs through your PC.  It's an ION USB Turntable.  I checked it out on Amazon and the ION iTTUSB 05 Turntable is $80 with free S&H.  Customer reviews go from great to awful...so who knows!  There seem to be a lot of turntables and programs to convert vinyl to CDs or MP3s...at all different price levels.  Since I still have a turntable, I'm not looking to getting even more techie stuff.  Guess I'll join Karol's "Cranky Curmudgeon Club." 

In fact, all that talk about your ages is making me really cranky....I'm nearly 75, which probably gives me the distinction of being the oldest member of photojojo!

Flickr ~ Picasa ~ My Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Red
1989 days ago

My sister and I would play an LP of the Bee Gees at 45 or 78 and laugh.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Karol A
1988 days ago

Belle - firstly, welcome to my oh-so-not-exclusive Cranky Curmudgeon Club. We hold meetings the first Monday of each month to complain. About everything. Well, we would meet, but no one wants to drive in traffic. smile

And, as to your age - I've seen pictures of you. I've also noticed all the places you travel to. Therefore, I feel confident when I accuse you of embellishing your age by, oh, at least 20 years, young lady!

Red. That's very silly and I love it!

And now, to get us back on track, I'll post a close up. Guess what this is of, if you can!

http://forum.photojojo.com/img/posted/img4a3297c897af6.jpg?url=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2004/2159750027_57c35ccd18_o.jpg

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1988 days ago

You inspire me, Belle! I am 62 and since I bought my first computer--A Tex. Instrument--way back when, I have been a tech geek wannabe! The technical aspects are mostly beyond me, but I love what can be done with computers and software. The possibilities in education are endless. And for personal use, I continue to find new and interesting ways to keep my mind actively learning. I continue to be surprised by "older" folks who want nothing to do with technology. You, Belle, obviously embraced technology and its possibilities.

Talk about getting off topic... Is anyone gonna come up with a new, "Guess what this is?"

Edit.  Whoopps, Karol posted one when I was writing this post!

A moldy orange?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

1988 days ago

Thanks, Karol...but why do you think I use my dog's photo as my icon?  As for the above....is it an extreme close-up of age-spots & varicose veins? smile

Just kidding...how about a combo of blueberry & orange sherbert?

Flickr ~ Picasa ~ My Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Ankou
1988 days ago

As for the above....is it an extreme close-up of age-spots & varicose veins?
Oh... my... gosh... belleariel,  that comment had me laughing for quite a while!!

And as for the image.... I have no clue. Feels like a Rorschach test to me.  I keep seeing a pig's face in the image. :p

www.lowcows.com - You know your business, we know the web.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jannz
1988 days ago

Is it a persimmon?

Belle - you are an inspiration. I clock in at nearly 55. My parents, in their 80s, are into email, card games and skyping - it is great.

I love my Sony A350.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Red
1988 days ago

Hmm, Jannz, I think you're on the right track with a persimmon but it looks conical. I think it's another fruit. Off to the supermarket.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1988 days ago

Mango?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1988 days ago

If it wasn't for the color, it looks like the face of a seal or sea lion...see the eyes and nose ? Or am I just weird?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Ankou
1988 days ago

tufteach - at first I thought it looked like the face of a pig, but now that you said a sea lion that's all I see when I look at it!! *laugh*

www.lowcows.com - You know your business, we know the web.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1988 days ago

Oh, good! I'm not nuts (as far as this is concerned, anyway). Of course now I see a pig!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Karol A
1988 days ago

Thought this might be a bit too close up. so here's a big hint: tufteach is the closest... not a mammal though. splish splash.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1988 days ago

before the  hint, i was thinking some sort of weird piggy bank or a roasted pepper. I don't know though.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1988 days ago

A koi fish!?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jannz
1988 days ago

Is it a pigfish?

I love my Sony A350.