High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

pictureit
1792 days ago

Best p&s with *in-camera* art/style filters? (pop art, vignette, etc.)

I'm going on a backpacking trip. NO internet, NO PC, NO computer labs/web cafes... only a camera which will print directly to a portable printer.

What low end (cheap) cameras have some good in-camera art/style filters? Fish eye, pop art, vignette, old photo, etc.? Ideally, you could set the camera in "pop art" or "fisheye" or whatever mode prior to taking the photo, so you don't have to go back and edit them.

I'll print directly with a portable printer. No PC, no internet software available for the season.

What cheap/er point & shoot cameras out there have a good variety of 'artsy' or 'photo lab' style filters?
(I'm not just looking for boring filters like b&w, sepia.)

Any cameras that you'd suggest? 

I saw a few cheaper Olympus models that have the filters, but I have no way to try them out prior to ordering.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
1791 days ago

You can't just print your pictures later..?  It's not like jpegs get lower quality after you don't use them for a few days.

If you saw a man drowning and could either save him or photograph it, what kind of camera would you use?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

pictureiit
1791 days ago

No, it's for a project (a travel documentary-style momento book)... as well as to send to family/friends back home.

I'll be traveling up to a year, and will print the photos right away.

There's no e-mail, so printing directly then postal mailing is the only way to share.  No internet, no PC, no web cafes.. and with it being a long timespan (up to a year of traveling), people from home will want to hear/see what I've been doing before that time. Aside from the lack of internet connectivity, it will involve some volunteering in poorer areas. Printing the photos is key for such a long trip, as that might be all I end up with (aside from backup memory cards)... you never know what can happen to an SD memory card during that long a time.

I'll be printing straight to a Pogo and/or a Wasabi. While I could use "any" camera, I would prefer to get something that has some fun in-camera art filters to liven some of the photos up.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

mm
1791 days ago

I have a Pogo, and although I love it, I wouldn't recommend it for something like this.  It's super fun for projects with my kids, and we were able to take pictures with Grandma and print them before we left the nursing home.  Convenient, yes.  High quality, no.  If you are going to rely solely on this printer, I would sincerely hope nothing happens to your SD cards (of course, I hope nothing happens to your cards either way!!)  I don't know anything about the Wasabi printer - although I think I remember a thread discussing it.

edit to include link to thread:  http://photojojo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=23144

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

angelaaa92
1790 days ago

I recently was looking around at point & shoots & came across the Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W230. I already have a Sony that I'm in love with. It has a few features: fish eye, radial blur, partial color, etc. Unfortunately you have to edit the pictures after you take it, but at least it's in camera. It's not too pricey, but it's not cheap. I've been reading some of the reviews, & it looks like most people really like this camera.

Here it is: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto … 0#overview

I also recently made my own fish eye lens for my point & shoot off of these two Youtube videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmEY2izZpk (more work, looks professional, & probably longer lasting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROvmONJjnA4 (easier, less materials)

edited to fix link smile Thanks superdewa!
my (almost) daily updated blipfoto journal: http://www.blipfoto.com/angelaaa92
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1790 days ago

Angela, unfortunately your first fisheye link didn't work -- I'd like to see that!

I would think editing in-camera, after taking the the photo, would actually be ideal.

Pictureiit, I don't know point & shoots like that, but I do know the Nintendo DSi has a camera and allows you to do things to the photos: http://www.nintendodsi.com/meet-dsi.jsp. I don't know what kind of quality the DSi photos are though. I've just seen kids playing with them. It's too bad the iPod Touch doesn't have a camera yet, because the apps that work with the iPhone camera are great. Anyone know if one can use an iPhone as a camera and editor even without service?

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
1790 days ago

Superdewa wrote:
I don't know what kind of quality the DSi photos are though.
Really low tongue My friend has one.  Probably worse than cell phone quality.

If you saw a man drowning and could either save him or photograph it, what kind of camera would you use?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

pictureitt
t

1782 days ago

I wish I could mix some of the Cybershot DSC-W230 with the Olympus FE series filters.

I want the pop-art, wedding, and pinhole feature of the FE... but the fisheye and selective color sounds good on the Cybershot. The 30mm wide angle lens on the Cybershot sounds great.

Certainly there's something somewhere that at least has: pop-art, fisheye, vignette.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1414801167.0421 seconds