High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

1 2       

swa11ace
2437 days ago

I started using Mozy - an unlimited online backup service which is $5/ month.  I have it monitor my photo folders - so they are automatically backed up.  Haven't had a disaster yet - knock on wood - but so far so good.

Visit www.mozy.com, an emc company, so they are most likely stable.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

mattlphoto
2437 days ago

1.  Fix my photo printer, and start printing more  (printer nozzles are clogged(?) and i haven't figured out how to fix this manually)
2.  Shoot more film
3.  Finish new website design/flash gallery
4.  Backup my photos

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

dancingfer
ret

2437 days ago

Do my own 365 project. Yeah, starting today!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

EmThree
2424 days ago

Well, I wish we could 'quote' or reply directly to a post, what's the benefit of using RAW?

Check out my Flickr!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

deceptionp
anda

2424 days ago

Actually print my photos.

I take photos that my friends all see on my Flickr, but ironically, the people who matter most to the pictures I've taken (usually the subjects or those who encourage me) never get to see them.

I don't print! (but I must)

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ben-s
2423 days ago

EmThree;
you can quote using standard bbPHP tags. Do it like this:
[-quote=whoever you're quoting] blah blah blah [-/quote]

Remove the - symbols and the board's code processes it:
EmThree wrote:
Well, I wish we could 'quote' or reply directly to a post, what's the benefit of using RAW?
In answer to your question, you have far more information available in a RAW file - it is the raw, unprocessed data from the camera's sensor. This means you can set the white balance and tweak the image after the event, while retaining the original's quality.
It's more like the control you can get when you shoot film.
Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. ~ Website ~ Flickr ~ Photoblog
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Great Beyo
nd

1721 days ago

Rise! Rise from the crypt! (Meh, it was better than double posting a thread smile )

My 2010 photographic resolutions:
* Figure out how to use my Speedlight flash properly. Be it get books, take a class or whatever
* Master (or at least get comfortable) with photoshop. I have the damn thing, I might as well learn to use it!
* Take a class. Perhaps just a basic photography class, perhaps something specific to the two bulletpoints above. Who knows!

So - what do you guys have in the cards?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jannz
1721 days ago

So KarolA, Belle, Ankou and Marleymax - did you achieve any of your 2008 resolution?

Me - I want to produce at least one photo "artwork" each month that I am happy to display. And I want to shoot mainly on manual and in raw.

I love my Sony A350.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Marleymax
1721 days ago

1. Take even more photos of my kids. Actually make, frame and hang some 8x10 (or larger) prints of them too...   I did print and frame a few photos. Also (as you've seen) I've made a 60+ page book of our kids to give my wife for Christmas.

2. Organize my back up system... Did this too. I set up 2 external hard drives and found an online service that pushes my files to "The Cloud" and automatically syncs my desktop and laptop. Plus I use Apple's Time Machine and iDisk as well.

3. Spend more time with tripod shots in nature... Did some of this and plan to do much more. I really enjoy doing this.

4. Make time-lapse photo movie.  Haven't done this one yet. Still want to.

5. Experiment with HDR photography... Did some of this but not as much as I'd like to say. I need to purchase a much better tripod for this and #4.

6...  7...  On and on the list goes...

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

marcie-f
1721 days ago

Mine are:

1. Start blogging! I started one a while ago and I just don't keep up with it. I love reading other peoples blogs and I am always so inspired! I will have to make time for it in 2010, even if it is just once a week!

2. Finally finish editing personal pictures I took over the last couple of years! They have been sitting in a folder on one of my external drives for ages and...well, it's just about time!

3. I'd love to do more food photography work. I've had a couple jobs shooting food and I really like it! I know how hard it can be and I really want to learn more of the "tricks".

I'll start with those three. Bring on the New Year!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Karol A
1721 days ago

Wow. Time warp.

took me awhile, but I finally have started hauling out the tripod for the occasional night time photo.  And, I also got brave (but it was in January this year) and pointed my camera directly at people I don't know and got a few good shots doing it. Still tentative about both these things though.

For 2010:
Load and learn photoshop.
buy and learn to use speedlight. 
learn to use all the fiddly buttons on my camera properly.
enter a picture or two in a contest or two.
meet at least one PJJ pal live and in person. (I'll need some help with this one, PJJ pals.)

My Flickr Page | My Shuttercal Page

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

marcie-f
1721 days ago

Let me know if you're in SF, Karol!  smile

To add to mine:

4. Shoot film again. I haven't in at least 5 years! Unbelievable!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jannz
1721 days ago

Karol - come to New Zealand!!!!! Yah!!!!

I love my Sony A350.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Karol A
1720 days ago

We really need scientists to get transporters working. Because San Francisco is far. NZ is really, really, really far (visited many moons ago - took us 36 hours to get there between flights and layovers.)

"Beam me to SF and NZ, Scottie" would be so much easier. smile

In the meantime, DC is a fantastic vacation desitination - and not just because I happen to live here. big_smile

My Flickr Page | My Shuttercal Page

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

1720 days ago

2008 Resolutions?  Huh?  I had to go back to see what I'd resolved.

1)  Actually read the how-to photo books....no, but I did buy a few more, and oh, yes...I now get newsletters from all of the web-sites you all recommended

2)  Back up....yes, I do.  Now I have photos in so many places, I have no idea how many photos and what they're about

3)  Remember to remove the lens cap before focusing....yay!  One resolution I've actually kept.

1)  Read those d..n books!

2)  Organize all that back-up

3)  Remember where I put that lens cap that I removed and a new one..

4)  Not buy another piece of photography related equipment, books, programs, etc. until I've mastered all the stuff I already have

Flickr ~ Picasa ~ My Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Marleymax
1720 days ago

Resolutions for 2010:

1] Make more books featuring my photos.
I actually started this already. I've got 2 books started the same size and number of pages. One features very dark photos with it's companion book feature very light photos. Deep I know...

2] Get a much better tripod and use my telephoto lens much better
I'd like to take it South the Delaware's wetlands and photograph the marsh animals. Or bring it in town to the sea port and capture the giant freighters and/or abandoned blocks, buildings etc.

3] Get more photos published or entered in more contests

4] Join a local photography club

5] Master Adobe Lightroom

6] Take more big trips (NYC was fantastic) for more photo opportunities!!

7] Meet some of you photo geeks like me wink

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1717 days ago

Oh, how fun.

1) I think I want to do another 365 project. I haven't done it since I had a point and shoot I thought I'd do it for just the winter, when it's particularly hard for me to take photos, but after looking at Rodia's photos over her past year, I want some of that all-year magic.

2) I'm with Great Beyond on learning how to use my speedlight properly.

3) take advantage of some of the people who have said they'd like me to take portraits of their families. For some reason this terrifies me, and I keep finding ways to get out of it.

4) start a blog or a website

Karol & Marleymax, I really hope to be able to come down to the DC area sometime this coming year. If so, that might be a great time to plan a PJJ forum get-together. I've also talked to Belle about meeting in Newark during cherry blossom season. Perhaps there are others in the northeast US who would like to meet us there.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

1 2       

Home

Page generated in 1409718933.3064 seconds