High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

1 2 3 4       

rodia
1825 days ago

Ben-s, thanks for the tip...you know, I had tried to do that before but the signature preview shows the raw HTML, so I thought I couldn't use it. I see it looks fine on the forum. Something an admin should look at, perhaps?

My blog, my portfolio, and my prints for purchase!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Riverphoto

1825 days ago

I plan on starting the project Jan 1 my friend is going to try to do it with me but he is not at all confident about being able to make it through the whole year. Any tips on pulling through?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

rodia
1825 days ago

Tip: Don't get too hung up on the quality of your photos. There WILL be crappy days. You can't avoid that. Just take out your phone at 23:59 and snap something. It's better than missing a day.

My blog, my portfolio, and my prints for purchase!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Degilbo
1825 days ago

I did attempt this project this year. Missed some days; took many with 35 mm Pentax Z-10 and Rolleicord (35 mm size) which naturally don't get added on the exact day. Intend to make another attempt next year and stick to digital. Now, the only problem is that I will be away from the computer for two weeks - yes, that's two weeks! (from December 31). So, up loads will be delayed. I do have a "reminder" program on my computers (Cute Reminder http://www.cutereminder.com/ ) which is set to pop-up a reminder each afternoon - "Have you taken a photo today?". Something similar may be helpful for others to give them a nudge - I know I need to be reminded (of many things! <LOL>).

“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. – It’s already tomorrow in Australia” :-) Charles Schulz

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

puffyheart
design

1825 days ago

That's a great tip Degilbo, a reminder program!
Wonder if i should schedule one daily on my iphone (which is attached to me lol) to remind me!

I'm excited to get started on this. I was thinking of making an album on flickr & calling it 365Project (keeping it separate from my other albums).
But i also love the idea of uploading it to Shuttercal... I just don't want to 'have' to upload my photos to more than one place - it may end up becoming a task & kill my energy to cont. the project lol

Once I start, I'll add it to my siggy smile

Project365 | Flickr

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1824 days ago

Puffyheart, I just started at Shuttercal too. I upload everything that goes anywhere to my picasa account, and that' so easy I almost don't have to think about. But I want to use a more social networking site as well, so I'm trying it both on flickr and shuttercal, and seeing which works. I am not going to feel wed to staying with one if I like the other better.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
1824 days ago

superd, you're back! Missed you. Maybe the skating was all you needed. ;-)

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

SnappyVee
1820 days ago

Hey, I'm new-ish to all this Photojojo stuff, but I decided to start the photo-a-day project January 1. (I want to be a Nat.Geo. photographer when I'm older and think that this will be help me grow as a photographer). I'm looking for suggestions for sites to post the photos I take on. From the posts I read, Flickr seems popular, but what are other good outlets to share photos? Thanks smile
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1820 days ago

Hey SnappyVee, welcome! I am trying ShutterCal and so far I like it. You click on my Project365 link to see what the site looks like.

Photojojo mentions a few other sites in this article: http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/ … oto-a-day/

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

SnappyVee
1820 days ago

Superdewa-Your page on ShutterCal is cool! That looks like a g ood site for posting, and I am also exploring the sites recommended by Photojojo.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Marleymax
1820 days ago

I'll be starting the 365 Challenge 01.01.10 as well. Should proove to be interesting. Wish me luck! big_smile

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jenrab
1820 days ago

I started on 12/25 because that was the day I got a small camera, a Nikon Coolpix L20, smaller than my Fuji.  My friend Sophie encouraged me in the project and directed me to this site.

My 365 on flickr

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Mike-83
1819 days ago

I had an idea to do this starting on New Years day.  A quick google search and I came here.  Good luck to anyone doing it.  Mine isn't going to be anything wonderful, I am infact planning on using my iphone to take the pictures, as I have it on me all the time.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

puffyheart
design

1819 days ago

superdewa, i added you to my shuttercal 'friends' list.
I'm starting mine Dec31/Jan1 big_smile

Project365 | Flickr

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1819 days ago

Thanks Puffyheart! I added you. Anyone else I should add on ShutterCal?

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

swintime
1818 days ago

Ben- Thanks for the tip on the signature. I just fixed mine. I am also reorganizing Flickr too so I can put my picture a day into a set so it's separated. I am also going to add the link to my Facebook page. Maybe this will help me keep the pictures organized this year? :-)
Flickr
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

swintime
1818 days ago

Superdewa- Shuttercal looks very tempting. I thought I was going to use Flickr this year but now I am going to research other options. I don't want to maintain a bunch of sites anymore. I have used Smugmug for over 3 years and I am hoping they have an option for me. While checking out Smugmug's options I noticed that so far I have posted over 8,000 pictures on their site. I think I may have around 800 on Flickr. My Flickr pro account ends on Jan. 22nd. I want to make a decision before the 1st if I can.
Flickr
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1818 days ago

If you don't want to maintain so many sites, you probably don't want to use shuttercal -- it's ONLY for the photo of  the day, nothing else!

I'm not positive I'll keep the shuttercal one going. I'm maintaining my one-a-day on three different sites!

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

SnappyVee
1817 days ago

SuperDewa- Which out of the three sites you're doing the one-a-day thing on do you like the best?
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1817 days ago

I think maybe Flickr. I like the look of Shuttercal, but I think they have some kinks to work out in the community. People seem friendly, but it's not so easy to maneuver, IMO. I'm hopeful they will work it out, and I'll keep trying for a while. Picasa's fine, but not many people look there (it's mainly close family and friends), and for some reason it's a matter of pride for me to show better photos on Flickr. So Flickr's giving me a little push -- something I'm ready for right now.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

1 2 3 4       

Home

Page generated in 1419209060.0344 seconds