High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

1 2       

clickit07
1961 days ago

I have some great info regarding passport photos, in Canada anyways.  I run the office of a Member of Parliament, and a big part of my day is helping people with their passport applications and renewals etc.
I know that the Canadian requirement is to have photos done by a professional photographer, who  stamps it with their business contact info and puts a date on them.  The photo requirements here are that you have to take your glasses off, no smiling, no teeth showing, a neutral facial expression, no glare anywhere on the face, no shadows on the background, no white shirts to blend into the white background.  Since 9/11, Passport Canada is very particular!!! 
I tried to take our own photos before I started working for the MP, and knowing my way around a camera, and reading the requirements at the time, I followed all the instructions to a T, and the photos were rejected, 3 times.  I went to a photographer after that.
If Passport Canada rejects the photos of a 'professional photographer', usually that photographer will retake the photos for no charge.  They will usually want proof that the photos were rejected though. 
just my 2 cents worth. 
And yes, both countries now require a passport for adults to cross the US/Canada borders.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1960 days ago

Thank you for your insight, clickit. Oddly, I think the rules for the photos themselves in the US are a little more lax. I just got ours back in the mail, and we will try to get them accepted next week. If they're not, we will have them done for us, but at the very least, I thought this would be a fun project!

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

clickit07
1813 days ago

did your passport photos pass, duperdewa?  happy new year everyone!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1813 days ago

Yes, they did! No questions asked! We had a lovely trip to Montreal, too!

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

clickit07
1813 days ago

Beautiful!  smile

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

saffron55
1802 days ago

as far as I know, the rules here in Canada, the passport picture has to be stamped  with the studios name and signed and dated or they will not be accepted. my children and I just got ours last fall. we can't even cross the border 10 miles away to go to the store without it.

"the heart has it's reasons that reason knows nothing of"

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

1 2       

Home

Page generated in 1419190237.6310 seconds