High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

charliem
1600 days ago

PJJ Book Projects - Wallet

Hi!

Just wondered if anyone else had completed the wallet from the PJJ book yet - I've printed my canvas, and it's currently between Scotchgard coatings!

Any success stories/photos? Nothing on Flickr yet!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1599 days ago

I haven't, and I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

I've made duct tape wallets, and the pattern seems similar.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

maclac
1592 days ago

Hi, I couldn't get a reply to my query re: the photo wallet but can  any of you give me a pointer to buying some clear vinyl for this project?

Much obliged.

Malc
www.flickr.com/maclac_show
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

mm
1592 days ago

Hiya, Malc.  From your flickr page (beautiful shots, by the way... Looove your Kirkcaldy landscapes), it looks like you live in Edinburgh, Scotland?  So, specifically, I can't suggest a place as I live in the States.  But you should try a fabric store -- or Amazon.  I would love to see your finished project!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1592 days ago

Fabric stores here in the states definitely carry it. I have a feeling I've seen something similar at my local hardware store, too.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

maclac
1591 days ago

Thanks, I'll check out my local store for the vinyl, Amazon keeps on giving carpet protectors etc when I search.

Any tips on thickness or malleability (is that a word? lol)?

@mm - I live in Kirkcaldy, Fife it's just north of Edinburgh over the Firth of Forth.Thanks for checking out my photos.

I aim to post some shots of any finished wallets I create - got to get the vinyl first (and get to grips with the sewing machine)
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

1591 days ago

maclac

I tried google.com and used "Clear Vinyl Fabric" to search.  This is just one of many sites that came up:  http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/vinyl- … fabric.htm

I also tried googling "Clear Vinyl Fabric Edinburgh" and found this old entry, so Superdewa's suggestion about a fabric store is a good one!

11-11-2002, 04:05 PM    #12 
Nick R
Mobile Enthusiast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, when you put it that way it sounds really wierd  I first got the idea from those signs that stick to glass doors just by static cling. I went to a sign store and they wanted about $20 a square foot for some so I told them they could keep it. Then I went to craft stores and they had similar stuff meant for using with inkjet printers so it was cloudy on one side to accomodate the ink. Finally I went to a big fabric store for overzealous mothers who sew all their kids clothes and that's where I found it. Those type of sewing stores must be everywhere. Anyways I found it in the section meant for table-top covers. They had a bunch of colours and also clear. It is probably the sme material used for shower curtains, but I had a couple thicknesses to choose from so I was able to get thin stuff. Anyways, once you get the air bubbles out it really clings so I would cut the tip off one corner so that you have somewhere to grab from when removing it.

Flickr ~ Picasa ~ My Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

maclac
1588 days ago

Still no luck. Might have to order that stuff in you link Belleariel.

Saying that there is a textiles store in the town (a carpet and vinyl store) to be exact - going down there today to see if they have what I need.
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1406287407.5917 seconds