High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

vatsritesh
1592 days ago

Pls help which lens is better ????

I have recently purchased Nikon D3000 with 18-55 mm VR lens. Now I want to buy one more lense within my budget. Pls advice which lens I should buy????

R.Vats

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

mikeinspai
n

1592 days ago

Hi Ritesh, welcome to PJJ.

Whats your budget?  What type of photography do think you will be enjoying or attempting?

The more info you can provide will enable the helpful souls at PJJ advise you better..

Mike

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

vatsritesh
1592 days ago

Thanks Mike,

My budget is around 300-325$.

I am a beginer so I'd like to do more experiments rather than any particular type of photography.

i am learning.....

R.Vats

R.Vats

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
1591 days ago

I recommend saving that money for a few months at least and getting to know the lens you have. The Nikon 18-55mm lens is excellent, and once you get to know it well, you will learn it's limitations, which will help you decide what to get next. And in the meantime maybe you'll save some more money to give you more options for lenses.

Lenses are so different, and what you get next will depend on things like whether you want better low-light shooting ability, whether you want to get things that are farther away, whether you want to get closer up, etc.

I think I used just my kit lens for nearly a year before getting something else. When I first started shooting with my dslr, I assumed I would want a long telephoto lens, with which I could take photos of faraway things,  as my second lens, but in getting to know my camera and my style, I discovered I was more interested in a prime lens that would be lightweight and let me get interesting effects with depth of field.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Great Beyo
nd

1591 days ago

Actually, that's pretty solid advice. I played with the kit lens that came with my Rebel XSi for about 8 months until I got my head around the camera and I got a feel for what I liked to shoot. Then I picked up a dedicated macro lens and a 75-300mm long lens. Both give me enough diversity to cover all my bases.

And then I chucked my Rebel for a Canon K2 35mm and a 50-200mm Tamron lens. smile

I've got my eye on a Lensbaby - it sounds like a fun toy to play with - but that wont be until I get stead work again.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

vatsritesh
1591 days ago

@superdewa Thanks very much for your advise it sounds good and definetly i'll follow your advise.
@GreatBeyond yes I do agree with you SOLID ADVICE.....

R.Vats

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1417147747.6022 seconds