High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

belleariel
paris

2306 days ago

Dublin, Anyone?

I'm spending a few days in Dublin over the New Year's holiday.  There are a lot of things to do and places to see planned, but are there any "don't miss areas" recommended from a photography point of view?  I've not been there before.

Flickr ~ Picasa ~ My Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

lahousden
2305 days ago

I used to live in Dublin. All of the City Centre is beautiful. Check out the River Liffy and the quays. Phoenix Park, Trinity College Grounds, the doors of Dublin in the Georgian area. Have fun!

Check out my creativity blog at: www.thephotoenthusiast.com

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

2299 days ago

Thanks lahousden.  Just got back and I did get a chance to take some photos of the places you suggested.  I intended to get down to the riverfront on New Year's Day, but for some reason...I overslept!  I guess that means I also took your advice about having fun!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

2287 days ago

Finally got to post some of the Dublin photos.  This is my favorite.  The elegantly dressed attendant at the VIP Parking Lot in front of the Bank of Ireland (formerly the Irish Parliament Building).
http://forum.photojojo.com/img/posted/resized_img478bfde21c43a.jpg?url=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2127/2194040678_a9093dbd99_b.jpg

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

joekindly
2110 days ago

you should have taken a stroll down the docks area with your camera also the custom house is very photogenic i shot this with a28mm wide and printed in black&white also the grafton arcade interior is very photogenic in black&white
this building has a lot of metal structure looks devine if you had looked around the city you would have got a collection of images worth having,
christchurch is another very popular place for people and there cameras,
you realy missed a lot so sorry for you .

me joekindly

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

2110 days ago

Thank you kindly, joekindly.....

Sorry if you got the impression that I spent 4 days in Dublin celebrating New Year's and sleeping it off! 

Here are some of the places I got to:  Chester Beatty Library, Dublin Castle State Apartments , Guiness Storehouse, a play at the Abbey Theater, the Irish Jewish Museum, Writer's Museum, Hugh Lane Gallery, the Merry Ploughboy for dinner & Irish music, walked around Trinity College, Irish Museum of Modern Art, the Bank of Ireland, St. Patrick's Cathedral, National Gallery, National Museum, Grafton Street, and oh, yes..a concert at the National Concert Hall.  I even got to take around 200 photos...but what I didn't get to was time to just stroll down to the riverbank at my leisure.  So don't feel too sorry for me...

I'd like to see the photos of the custom house and Christ Church....where are they posted?

Anyway...a belated Happy New Year!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

belleariel
paris

2110 days ago

This is where the magic happens.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

joekindly
2109 days ago

and many  many  happy returns you did not miss a whole lot then the images i mentioned are a personal favorite of mine and of course black&white is also a favorite , i love to watch prints developing in the darkroom,

yours me+++joekindly

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1397990818.7756 seconds