High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

PlanetCrus
ier2001

2466 days ago

Eye-Fi with CF adapter and DSLR Rebel XT

The Eye-Fi is a wireless SD card that can upload your picture to the Net or PC without removing it from the camera via WiFi. It only comes in the SD format. Photojojo is selling it with a CF adapter. Eye-Fi does not officially support the setup however. Does anyone have any experence with this adapter solution in a Canon XT or simular camera?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

timskrasti
ns

2458 days ago

No experience with Canons. It works just fine with my Nikon D300 in a CF adapter.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Matt Merce
r

2454 days ago

I have a similar model Canon. Its cheeky. The only issue is battery life when leaving it on all the time to upload a full card, but I plan to resolve this with a power adapter.

Ciao,

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

generic
2451 days ago

I have it and use it in a d70s and a d200.  Works ok on both.  Configuration to add networks to card can be troublesome.

I'd like eye-fi to drop the requirement of having an internet connection to work with the card.  I'd rather it was an option.

Use with a laptop and router (dummy network) in the field can only work if pre-configured beforehand and this limits its usefulness. 

If my use only includes upload to my own laptop then I have no personal need to verify an internet connection.

I want a utility that simply verifies that it can reach a server through the router, this is all I need for this and that untility can reside on my machine.

gene
Put a reset button on my stone.
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

generic
2423 days ago

And now I can say it works ok on a D300 also.

gene
Put a reset button on my stone.
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ohgoodthin
king99

2240 days ago

I have the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. Does anyone have the Eye-Fi card working in this model?
I bought a generic SD/SDHC - CF type II adapter and the camera won't read it. I can't read the card through another card reader either. The adapter works with other SD cards, just not the Eye-Fi so I suspect the adapter is just not friendly with Eye-Fi. If someone has Eye-Fi working in their Rebel, can you share the make/model of the SD-CF II adapter that you have? Thanks

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Amit Gupta
2239 days ago

Certain SD-CF adapters seem to have trouble with the Eye-Fi card in some Canon SLRs. The one we've got we've tried in the 20/30/40D, 5D, and Rebel and it works great across the board.

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/ … ifi-memory

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ohgoodthin
king99

2239 days ago

Thanks Amit. I take it you're associated with PhotoJojo? If I'm guaranteed safe with your adapter, what are the chances of getting one shipped to Tennessee by Thursday? I'm going overseas Friday and would love to have this up and running! smile

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ohgoodthin
king99

2238 days ago

I got this working. In the initial setup instructions from Eye-Fi Manager, our failure point was between step 3 (remove the card from the reader and place it into the camera) and step 4 (take a picture and watch it appear on the computer screen!).
In the Rebel XT, I got CF Err. We even bought another camera this morning that took SD memory, so no adapter was needed. It's a Canon Powershot 710. In that camera, we got 'Memory Card Full'. So it wasn't the fault of the adapter, the Eye-Fi card just wasn't behaving as expected.
*We had to format the Eye-Fi card in the camera, using the camera format function from the menu.*
It works in both cameras now.
Another thing to note, we needed to broadcast our SSID to configure the card, which I'm cool with. Once set up though, we can't disable broadcasting, the card won't upload without it broadcasting, so that's a bummer.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Amit Gupta
2238 days ago

Glad you got it working! big_smile

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

noorica
2053 days ago

This is where the magic happens

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

doughardy
1610 days ago

So we got the 4GB eye-fi pro last year and got it working in a Canon 30D with a CFMulti CF adapter by synchrotech, and it also works fine in my wife's Canon Powershot SX20IS... However, I recently picked up the new 4gb eye-fi Connectx2 and can't get it to work on my Canon 30D. It works fine on my wife's SX20, so we're going to switch cards for now.

I did upgrade the firmware on the Canon 30D and tried all the available instructions, but the newer card simply won't fly with my 30D using the CFMulti adapter. Any thoughts?

The CFMulti is rated for SDHC, SD, MMC, MMC+, and specifically also for Eye-Fi cards... I'd be happy to try another adapter. Can someone provide me a direct link to the latest CF adapter offered by photojojo?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1414829902.1332 seconds