High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

gs_790
644 days ago

Dear Slide Shooters

Dear Slide shooters,
Who do you use to develop your slide film? Is your developer of choice demonstrably better than any other you have used in the past?

I need to establish a baseline for the slides before I start monkeying around with DIY developers or telling Walgreens to ignore what's in the canister and just run through their C-41 process. And while we're at it, what's your favorite DIY development kit... and is it demonstrably better/simpler than any other development kit you've used in the past?

Best regards,
Josh
Picasa
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Great Beyo
nd

643 days ago

So far I've had my E6 developed at two places: Dwayne's and a local photo lab. For Dwayne's, I was pretty happy with their service - but it was a touch expensive (like 10 bucks to develop and then 5 bucks for return shipping), but that was Kodachrome - an anomaly in my slide shooting - so I wouldn't use it as a benchmark for pricing.

Since I've been shooting my non-kodachrome slides, I've been going to my local lab. There it costs 8 bucks a roll (develop and mount, no scans), but the building they're located at is being bulldozed and they cant afford to relocate. But up until now, I've been thrilled with their service.

Once I find a new lab, I'll post my thoughts and findings.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
643 days ago

I have mine developed at a local lab but am planning on trying Dwayne's and Photoworks SF. My lab is fine but not cheap, and although it's "local," it's still a 40 minute drive, which only works for me if I have something else to do in that area.

You can also buy Fuji slide mailers still (i.e. here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 … r_for.html), but they send them to Dwayne's anyway -- check which has the better price.

I'm on the brink of developing my own b&w film but haven't taken the plunge yet. I want to get that down before I start with c-41 and e-6.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Great Beyo
nd

643 days ago

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Film Mailers! You could also drop off your E6 at Walmart - who sends it to Dwayne's for processing. Seems that all roads lead to Parsons! (:

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

gs_790
643 days ago

Thanks, I forgot about that little retail outlet from Bentonville. Oklahoma City seems to be devoid of anyone willing to stock the chemistry to develop E6. All roads lead to Dwayne's, and from what I hear that's a good thing. If it's not Mr. Walton's corner store, those prepaid mailers look like a good way to get someone else to eat a portion of that return postage.
Picasa
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1408524383.7366 seconds