High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

LadyLaveau
524 days ago

AGE REGRESSION

Hi guys-

Need to age regress a photocopy of a portrait. The portrait is of someone who was born in 1459 and died in 1485. Any ideas??

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Gwendeanne
524 days ago

I don’t know what your photoshop or editing skills are, but I can try and give you some ideas.
HDR always ages a person.  If you can get a hold of a cheap HDR program, or one what will mimic HDR features that would help add some “grunge” to the person.  Detail and noise will help too.
I know when I add detail to a person’s skin they look old.
Find a photo of an old person with the same face shape, put that layer under the photo you are wanting to age and  erase some of wrinkles. You might have to change tones here. Or just use it as a guide where to add wrinkles.
Bags under the eyes would help to. If you are photoshop user maybe a layer and try some light distortion under filters.
I have a book that shows how to give a “photoshop” facelift. I’ve never read it in detail, but I wonder if you looked into that and used those procedures to do the opposite it might work. 
Maybe you can pull the face jowls down too, that shouldn’t be too hard if you don’t go crazy with it.

Are you working with a painting or photo. I oldest photo I know of was in the early 1800s.  Even in the 1800s, photos weren’t so great, so you can make someone look old w/o all the detail showing.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
524 days ago

Isn't "regression" going backwards--I got the impression the photo is  of the woman at an older age, though she wasn't very old at the time of her death. Age "progression" would be making the woman get older. So which is it --regression--going younger, or progression, going older?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Gwendeanne
523 days ago

Oh right. Silly me, I watch too many soap operas.
In that case,  smooth everything out, pull up the skin, get rid of wrinkles, thin out the nose, make the eyes sparkly, lots of curly hair.
Back then paintings or photos had rosey cheeks on girls. Even add the tiniest of cartooning.
Just thoughts. Good luck.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
523 days ago

There is free software out there for age regression and progression. Try a google search for "age regression software."

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Gwendeanne
523 days ago

On the same topic, sort of. VW had a website a few years back where you can upload a photo of a female and male and it will show you what a baby might look like. It was fun. I uploaded myself and a few movie stars :-)
It was to promote their Mini Van.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1398244412.4235 seconds