High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

pandanus7@
bigpond.co

518 days ago

Australian Printing

Where should I go to get my prints done so the colours are like my monitor or at least close.  We only have Big W and Harvey Norman where I live.  Do they both use the same system?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Degilbo
518 days ago

Regardless of where you live, Pandanus, it is impossible to find a printer who could achieve that standard. The reason the image on your screen looks different to a print is caused by light. The print image is reflected light, while your monitor image is illuminated light. There's probably a technical term for that, but I can't think of it at this hour  :-). I seem to recall that you live in Victoria, so I am sure if you did a search in Google, you would find a lab down there which would handle quality printing of a higher standard than Big W. You would probably find that you don't even have to visit them either, as they would have an online system that allows you to upload your images. They would then return them by post if needed.  Here in Brisbane, I have used Prolab www.prolab.com.au. They have an upload service which I have yet to use, but the prints I have had done by calling in there, have been top quality.

“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. – It’s already tomorrow in Australia” :-) Charles Schulz

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
518 days ago

The problem is probably not your printer, it would be your monitor. Take a look at the same photo on several different monitors, and they will all be different. You need to calibrate your monitor to make sure that the colors you are getting on your screen as you edit your photos are standard, and if you have a decent print shop, they will match them.

I use a Spyder 4 Express, probably the cheapest option, but there are others. There are ways of doing it without a calibrator, and they can help, but they aren't as good.

Here is a good article: http://digital-photography-school.com/h … ur-monitor

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

pandanus7@
bigpond.co

517 days ago

Thanks heaps, I'm in Hervey Bay.  I will give pro lab a go though.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jack9091
506 days ago

Thanks a lot ...... nice and useful for us
Buy Products from [url=http://www.jacketpoint.com]jacketpoint[/url] white-leather-jacket-men http://www.jacketpoint.com/sales/white-leather-jacket-men.html
@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1398000248.2296 seconds