High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

shutterbug
bri

658 days ago

iPhone 5 cases that work with Photojojo magnetic-ring lenses?

Has anyone found an iPhone 5 case that is not only solid and durable, but that the sticky magnetic rings for the smartphone lenses (macro, wide angle, fisheye) will fit on?

All of the cases I've seen for the 5 have a cutout area around the back camera and flash with a much larger circumference than previous iPhone model cases. The magnetic ring for the Photojojo lenses is too small in circumference to stick onto the case but still much too large in circumference to fit inside the cutout area and stick onto the back of the phone itself.

And of course, the case won't go on over the ring if you just stick it onto the back of the phone with the intent of taking the case off whenever you want to use a lens.

I'm dying for a solution because I use my macro lens almost every day (or did, when I still had my previous iPhone) and don't know how to make this work. If there are no cases that will work, is there any way Photojojo could modify the way these lenses attach to address this issue? Because I couldn't imagine forgoing a case entirely...

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

PhotoFanat
ic5

616 days ago

I know! I just got them today and LOVE them, but my old iPhone 5 case doesn't work now. In fact, I had to attach a new ring because I accidentally loosened the one I had on there when I tried to put my case over it. If you've found anything, let me know!!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ArnelM0NST
ER

615 days ago

Same here. I had one of those Otter Boxes for my 5 and the lens is to large to fit the opening in the back. I just bought an incase black slider case and that too is a hair too small to fit my lens, and the sliding pulls the ring off. I'm thinking about getting a snap on case but I want to know which ones have a big enough opening for these lenses

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

PhotoFanat
ic5

615 days ago

In ordered the telephoto lens from the store today hoping that it will work. We'll see!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

greenyoga
612 days ago

Well,i think you should buy a bumper case,for this case only has a hard frame,so no influence on the lens at all,also the aluminum bumper case is a very strong skin protector,now many teenagers are fond of this cool design,you can see it here:
http://www.lineglory.com/aluminum-bumpe … one-5.html

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

AllyLee
596 days ago

I have been looking for the EXACT same thing. I just recently ordered one of these custom cases from Tiny Prints - http://www.tinyprints.com/shop/iphone-cases.htm  I wasn't able to find the measurements of the opening around the flash, but it looks like it could fit. I'm pretty excited about the case, I made a custom case with one of my favorite photos that I took. I think it will work out!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

greenyoga
596 days ago

I also want a customized case but i was told that the case is always of bad quality.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Kree
436 days ago

I made a simple modification to my otter case by using a dremmel to carve out enough space for the lenses to work. You also need to dremmel the rubber outer cover. Took me 4 minutes, works great.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Kree
436 days ago

Just be careful, because you need to dremmel fairly close to the edge of the case.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1409718913.8056 seconds