High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

1 … 24 25 26       

Degilbo
477 days ago

Good work, Candace! The loss of those 19 fire-fighters was well-covered in our news down here, too. A terrible tragedy for their families and loved ones.

“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. – It’s already tomorrow in Australia” :-) Charles Schulz

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Gwendeanne
477 days ago

Beautiful work and tribute. Congratulations. And great capture of such a gorgeous bird.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Candace
477 days ago

Thanks, everyone.

Glenrosa Journeys * My 52 Project

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
474 days ago

Such a sad story, but yay for you! Beautiful photos!

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
467 days ago

These are my images thad placed at the Columbia County Fair. I received a Reserve Championship for the water action shot plus a first, a second, and two thirds.
http://forum.photojojo.com/img/posted/resized_img51ecddbbef7c7.jpg?url=http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/9342134864_510e4babf2_o.jpg
IMG_5607 by tufteach, on Flickr

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ajax
467 days ago

Way to go Tufteach... Congratulations.

When we tug on a single thing in nature, we find it attached to everything else. John Muir

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Candace
466 days ago

That's great, Laura. Congrats!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Candace
460 days ago

I made Flickr Explore for the first time today (well, 7.27.13 rather). I don't personally think it's my most "interesting" photo I've ever put on Flickr but it's mildly exciting...especially since it's not something I ever tried to do.
http://forum.photojojo.com/img/posted/img51f58d6c7f99d.jpg?url=http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/9381268246_5bdc259580.jpg
Skipper Butterfly (My first Explored, thank you!) by maccandace, on Flickr

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ajax
460 days ago

He was a compliant subject.. All of them are beautiful Candace..

When we tug on a single thing in nature, we find it attached to everything else. John Muir

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

tufteach
460 days ago

Congrats, Candace. I never made it onto Explore. How does that happen?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Candace
460 days ago

Heck if I know. I always heard it was some obscure algorithm based on "interestingness." It's probably just that some Flickr employee comes across one by chance and picks it. And they don't tell you, you only find out if someone mentions it in a comment or you notice that the views are way up. Yeah, he was compliant, Ajax, those skippers often move too fast to catch.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
460 days ago

Tufteach, congratulations! That's fantastic!!!

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
460 days ago

Beautiful, Candace! Congrats on explore. It is some impossible-to-figure-out algorhythm. I had a period where I was getting to explore regularly, and then one day it stopped completely. I am pretty sure my photography has improved since my explore days, and I've had a few quite popular ones, even a few that have gone to the blog, but no explore. I've heard of people being banned from explore, and I'm figuring that happened to me somehow. Explore can bring some intense attention, so I didn't really mind.

You can find out what photos of yours have been in explore here: http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php

Make sure to click on "include dropped."

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Candace
459 days ago

"Intense attention"? Yuk, hope I don't regret it. For years, I've just thrown myself out on the internet, no holds barred, through my blog, FB, Flickr, twitter, all sorts of places, and haven't had any problems. Hope that continues...

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

superdewa
459 days ago

You've probably seen it before -- the people who comment on your stuff just to get a response but not because they actually like it. It was mostly just that.

But, in some ways worse, it brought a lot of wonderful people to my stream too, and while at first that was a great thing, I quickly ended up with so many contacts I couldn't begin to keep track, and I spent so much time trying to keep track that flickr became more of a chore than a pleasure. It has never been the same for me since.

Flickr ~ Blog

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Candace
458 days ago

Yeah, I know what you mean...from blogging. If I don't visit other blogs and leave comments then I don't get as many visits or comments. It's very time-consuming. I enjoy many of the blogs I read and look forward to reading them but it gets out of hand at times. Hence, where I used to blog every other day, then 3 times a week, I'm now down to blogging about every 5 days because I need the other evenings to catch up on others' blogs and all the other social media like FB, Flickr, etc. Good thing I'm not that fond of TV.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

1 … 24 25 26       

Home

Page generated in 1414832285.5296 seconds