High-quality lenses to help you go pro with your camera phone pix. More →

Easy Macro Cell Lens Band
Shockingly detailed phone shots at the snap of a band! More →

The Glif
Minimalist Phone Stand & Tripod Mount More →

The Handleband Bike Mount
Your phone called. It wants a ride ... On your bike!More →

The ChargeCard
Fits in your wallet, so it's always there when you need it and out of the way when you don't. More →

Gorillapod Mobile
Works with every phone ever, even with a case on. More →

The Keyprop
The key to getting your smartphone to stand up for itself. More →

The Pocket Spotlight
Bright, constant light in the palm of your hand. More →

The Pocket Reflector
A Go-Anywhere Light Bounce! More →

The Smartphone Spy Lens
A 90° Periscoping Lens More →

jankey
2127 days ago

Merge/blend two photos

I would like to combine two photos and don't know how - I have Photoshop, but don't know how to use it - also have Paint, HP Photosmart, and Picasa.  Is there an easy way to do this?  or is there a service that would do this?
Thanks for any info.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2127 days ago

Depends how so you mean to merge.  Just one or two objects out of each one?  Change someone's face to someone else's?  Post the photos and maybe I can just do it for you.

If you saw a man drowning and could either save him or photograph it, what kind of camera would you use?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jankey
2127 days ago

I would like to have a face - almost invisible or very faint - appear in the clouds.  would that be possible?  could i email to you?
thanks so much.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2127 days ago

No need to e-mail, I set up a folder for you on my computer.  Follow the link below and click "upload" in the top right, then just do each picture.  I'll keep the link working for a day or two or until after you send the pictures.

http://24.136.33.112:29435/jankey/

If you saw a man drowning and could either save him or photograph it, what kind of camera would you use?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jankey
2126 days ago

Thank you - that's great.
I'm having trouble staying on line so if it take a little while to get photos to you, please keep link working. 
The photos are on another PC and can't seem to get them transferred to this one and can't get on line with that one. 
Would it be OK if I send several photos of each and you can choose the best/easiest ?  Do really appreciate your efforts.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2126 days ago

Sure, just send a few and I'll see what will work.  I'll keep it up until you can get the photos transferred.

I can't even guarantee I'll be able to pull off what you want, but I'll give it my best shot.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jankey
2126 days ago

That's the most you can do! I do thank you for even attempting.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

kanashay
2126 days ago

can someone please tell me how to do this? i've tried and i can't figure it out cos i'm just getting to grips with photoshop. for instance, if i took a few pictures of the same person sitting in different places on a wall, how do i put it all onto one image?

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2126 days ago

That's a lot easier to do, Kanashay.  The important part about those sorts of images is you want to make sure all the photos were taken with the exact same settings.  That means..
1. Take it in manual and don't change anything
2. Leave flash off if you can't manually set your flash's exposure
3. Use a tripod so the scene doesn't change

You can still do it without the above, but it's just a tad bit harder.

If they all look identical you can just load them as multiple layers and erase from the top layers where the people are in the bottom layers to make them show through.

However.. if they -aren't- identical.. well.. I'd need to know what version of photoshop you're using.  I use CS3 Extended so I have some nifty photo stacking and auto aligning features =P

The difference between what you want and what Jankey wants is that she wants a face actually blended into the clouds, sort of grafting it on.  That actually requires some blending, translucency, etc.  Removing/adding objects like people in a picture is just basically fancy copy/pasting.

If you post the pictures here (or in the folder I set up for Jankey, if you want) I might be able to say some more specific advice.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

kanashay
2125 days ago

i haven't got any specific photos, just ideass floating around in my head! i've got the same version of photoshop, and am learning quite fast but still feel like i only know about 2% of what it can do! i don't know why i didn't think about doing that.

whats the photo stacking feature about then?

thanks for your reply

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jankey
2125 days ago

Will - as you can see I'm having difficulty uploading photos - think only one got thru.  is there a way to email them there? 
I'll keep trying, but this may take longer - please don't close it.  Jan

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2125 days ago

@Jankey: If you want you can attach them to an e-mail and send them to EndTasked (at) gmail (dot) com

I just thought it would be simpler this way?  Whatever =]

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2125 days ago

@Kanashay: It's super easy in CS3 Extended.  Just go to file -> scripts -> Load files into stack...

Check the "auto align"  tick and it adjusts them to be the same perspective and everything.

If you check the smart object tick as well you can then go to Layer (up top) -> Smart Objects -> Stack Mode and change that.  The most popular one is "median," but that removes stuff most of the time so it's not what you're looking for.  Play with the different ones and maybe one will work for you.  Otherwise just remove pieces of the top layers manually.

Of course another way you could do it would be to use the selector tool on one of the photos and just copy/paste into the composite.

Also, if you ever want to do panoramas go to file -> Automate -> photomerge.  It works great too.

EDIT: Also might want to check here in case my answer was kind of convoluted: http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2 … oshop.html

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

kanashay
2124 days ago

fab, thanks i'll try it!

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Willtastic
2122 days ago

Hey, just wanted to stop in to say sorry that I haven't been around to do it yet!  I did get the pictures but I've been super busy.  It's my birthday in three days (my birthdays are always crazy big) and I've just been really busy with other stuff.  Stuff is starting to settle now though so I'll get to it really soon.

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

jankey
2121 days ago

Thanks for letting me know.  No prob if you can't do it - if you can great.

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful crazy big time -   Is this your big 18!!!???

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

ChickenSod
a

2121 days ago

From what I can gather in these posts, it looks like you just want to composite two pictures.  Faint face in some clouds?  No problem since at least Photoshop 5.0+.

Search Google for "compositing images in photoshop" and you should get a ton of results.

Here's a nice series on YouTube for you to follow:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUU4TH8188
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK_re1pD … re=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5pDvmn6 … re=related
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo_g7_9g … re=related

This should get you what you want smile

@  Send to a friend
<a>  Link to this post

Want to reply?

Login or Register

Home

Page generated in 1398250698.9111 seconds